Monday, April 05, 2021

So.

 


I acquired a Minolta A3 rangefinder camera sometime back. The sort of camera that was made in the year of my birth - which is, I might add, a year or two back. It came with sweet smelling leather case - of which I only use half. I like it. It is substantial which is another way of saying a bit heavy but all the same sits nicely in my paws when I meditatively search from an image on this here rock on the edge of the north Atlantic.

Since the Rokkor lens is a bit prone to flare in the occasional sunshine we have here, I dressed it's lens hood with black gaffer tape to aid it in the manner of the great James Ravilious' camera. It works. fairly well although I might have to make some adjustment to stop the slight vignetting of the image. The uppermost image was shot at f16 the lower one at f2.8. 

Almost looks proper - despite me shooting Kentmere400 @ 100 and thence rescuing it in rodinal.



1 comment:

Harvey said...

Many a great tune played on a not so new instrument. (Phew, I managed not to say vintage) Oh,😊
I’m glad you’re back😁