Monday, June 05, 2023

here we are

 


Back on the island for a couple of days and I have two fleeces on. Bit of a shock after a few hot days down southern Scotland for the wedding.  A wonderful wedding it was too. I mention this again.

On the way down in our horseless carriage we or perhaps more accurately I lost my set of car and house keys. As it happens Eve had a set with us but not before we wasted some time at a much required ice-cream stop looking hither and thither for the things - which we never found.

However, on the way home at Inverness we called in a supermarket for cheap liquid horseless carriage oats and hey ho, the keys had been handing into the lost property. I immediately bought a lottery ticket for the second time in my life - the first being on the very first day when they were sold. Then my late mother decided we'd all buy one. Needless we didn't win then or this time either. I may complain as the odds are far too high.

1 comment:

gz said...

Good news that they keys were found!
Lucky to get back home too, with all the ferry kerfuffle.