Tuesday, June 06, 2023

The Wedding

 

Have I told you that we, that's Eve, my civilled up partner of sixteen years and I went to a proper wedding recently. The occasion meant we took a ferry from this here rock o'er to the mainland and traipsed down to Dumfriesshire where the event was taking place. Gosh the weather was warm down there. 

Anyway the betrothal took place in a wood by a loch [no midges either] near Dalbeattie. Lovely cool stroll in with the attendees, bride, groom and signified marrying person. I was overwhelmed with lovelee feeling of joyusness or something by the time we arrived at the 'venue' - a clearing by the lake.

Twas superb. The sun shone [as you may be able to see], the humanist personage spoke, rings were exchanged, a rambling group marched through [really] and we all laughed and applauded in near enough the right places. Best wedding I've yet been to. I wish whoever it was getting hitched the very best of happiness for the future.

2 comments:

gz said...

And so fortunate there were no midgies!!

A good future to the pair of them...and to you two as well x

Ian said...

It was a wonderful day :)